Pumpkin Bird Feeder
One way to recycle the pumpkins after Halloween is to create a pumpkin bird feeder. Super simple and fun - and amazing for the birds, especially now it is getting colder.
1. Open up the top of the pumpkin up nice and wide using a knife.
2. Make 4 holes evenly spaced around the rim of the pumpkin
2. Cut one long piece of garden twine around 2 metres long and thread through the holes and around the side of the pumpkin - then bring the threads together in the centre and tie. Make a loop with the remaining string.
4. Fill the pumpkin with seed (I put some crumpled up news paper beneath the seed to half fill the pumpkin to reduce seed waste).
5. Hang on a tree & watch the birds come
It won't last long but is worth a go!
- Checkend Apps