Boxwild "Best Buy" in Independent - Gardening Gifts for Mother's Day
We are over the moon to see that Boxwild was featured as the "Best Buy" in the Independent for Gardening Gifts for Mother's Day. You can see the article here:
How to look after your garden wildlife in January
The frost will be biting in January and, if you feed your birds, you will find your garden has many visitors. This month continue feeding the birds high energy foods- simple things to try are smearing peanut butter on a branch or a pine cone, or popping out old apples from your fruit bowl - our blackbirds in particular love them! Birds are nervous and creatures of habit so give them a week to settle in and place your apples / peanut butter treats in the same place each day so they can get familiar with your garden treats.
Break the ice on the bird baths in the morning and prevent your pond freezing over by placing a ball on the top - this will work during a light frost but in harsher weather you will need to break it with a spade / stick.
- Checkend Apps
- Tags: Looking after wildlife
Boxwild featured in The Telegraph & Stylist
This past month has been wonderful as Boxwild has been featured in lots of publications
Jan 2017 - Stylist featured us in their Style List
December 2016 - Gardens Illustrated featured us in their Christmas Gift List
December 2016 - Modern Gardens featured us in their Christmas Gift List
December 2016 - Veggie Magazine featured our Vegetarian Seed Box in their Christmas Gift List
December 2016 - The Mirror talked about our hand blended seed mixes
November 2016 The Telegraph featured us in their "Top Christmas Present in 2016" which you can see online: The Telegraph
November 2016 - You Magazine featured us in their Gift Guide
October 2016 - Prima.co.uk featured us in their Gift Guide for Pets
- Nikki Boxwild
How to choose gifts for bird lovers?!
Often bird lovers are the sort of people who are slightly more tricky to buy for, the parent, grandparent or in-law who has everything and says they want nothing!
We offer a range of gifts for bird lovers and those passionate about wildlife and nature.
From a Bird gift for an in-law to a thank you gift for a teacher - we have it covered!
1. Gift for a bird watcher - this is someone who is likely to be mad about birds and they will be likely to be interested in something a little different. So we would suggest the Seed Subscription Box which contains various packs of our seed blends & will offer something different which their birds won't have tried before!
2. Thank you Gift for a teacher - depending on budget, a nice bag of our Boxwild seed blend with a seed scoop tends to go down very well.
3. Gift for bird-loving in-laws - often the tough present to buy off the list! Our Bird Feeder Gift box is our most popular item and makes a thoughtful present.
4. Wildlife lover- for someone who is into all types of wildlife then our Wildlife Subscription Box is the perfect option. Each month we send a variety of bird and wildlife goodies to attract nature into the garden.
- Nikki Boxwild
Pumpkin Bird Feeder
One way to recycle the pumpkins after Halloween is to create a pumpkin bird feeder. Super simple and fun - and amazing for the birds, especially now it is getting colder.
1. Open up the top of the pumpkin up nice and wide using a knife.
2. Make 4 holes evenly spaced around the rim of the pumpkin
2. Cut one long piece of garden twine around 2 metres long and thread through the holes and around the side of the pumpkin - then bring the threads together in the centre and tie. Make a loop with the remaining string.
4. Fill the pumpkin with seed (I put some crumpled up news paper beneath the seed to half fill the pumpkin to reduce seed waste).
5. Hang on a tree & watch the birds come
It won't last long but is worth a go!